Tall Tails was started in July 2005. Since that time we have provided top notch service in the Slidell area, earning the position of one of the top 5 best pet sitting services in 2012, 2013 and 2015 nationwide by Pet Sitters International, leaders in the pet sitting association industry.
Pet Sitter of the year finalist 2012
Pet Sitter of the year finalist 2013
Pet Sitter of the year finalist 2015
When it comes to trusting someone not only with your beloved fur family members but also your home and its valuables there’s know better choice than Tall Tails as evidenced by our long list of references which may be requested via text (985) 781-9DOG (9364) or email Talltailsofslidell@yahoo.com. We advise pet owners to ask eight important questions when interviewing a potential pet sitter:
- Does the pet sitter have the proper business license for your city or state (if required)?
- Is the pet sitter insured and bonded?
- Can the pet sitter provide proof of clear criminal history?
- Does the pet sitter provide client references?
- Will the pet sitter use a pet-sitting services agreement or contract?
- Is the pet sitter trained in pet first aid and CPR?
- Does the pet sitter have an evacuation plan if your unable to return for a hurricane?
- Is the pet sitter working solo? If so, what is their emergency plan should they become unable to care for your pets?
Thinking of bringing your pet to someone’s home instead? Before you do consider this:
- Do you know who is coming and going in and out of the home? Ex. Small kids or unexpected guest that may open a door and the dog slips out and runs off.
- Do you know that there are not dangerous things left on the floor your dog can ingest? Ex. small toys, socks, money or open chemicals?
- Do you know if other animals are going to also stay at the home that may not get along with yours and get into a fight?
- Do you know if children or house guest that could potentially get bit by your dog will not try to sue you?
- Are you able to have a visual on your pet via a camera?